Fish Meal is An Excellent Source of Organic Nitrogen For Plants. & In This Post, We Will Talk All About Fish Fertilizer, Including Its Benefits For Plants, The Right Way To Use & Some Of Its Drawbacks.
What Is Fish Meal Fertilizer?
Fish Meal Is Made up of non edible Fishes, & This Organic Fertilizer Contains a Good Amount of Nitrogen as Well as Other essential nutrients. Fish Meal is a Light to Dark Brown coloured , Semi Powdered Material, That Have a Strong Fishy Smell.
What are the Benefits of Fish Fertilizer for Plants?
Fish Fertilizer Contains Many Benefits For Plants, So lets Talk About Them One By One.
Source of Nutrients (N & P):-
First of All Fish Meal is a Great Source of Nutrients For Plants. Fish meal Majorly Contains Nitrogen, That is very Important For The Healthy Growth of Leaves. Commonly The yelllow Leaves appears due to the deficiency Of Nitrogen in The Plant Body.
& Here Fish Meal Can Be Solution For This. But it Can Also Appear Due To Many Other Reasons, Yellow Leave Treatment Guide is also Linked Here, You Can Check That.
Stress Reducer (Heat, Drought):-
Regularly Using Fish Meal Also Works As a Stress Reducer. Means Plant Stresses Like Drought, Heat Or Minor Pest Attacks Wouldnot Harm The Plant So Much Badly.
Improve Soils Health:-
Fish meal Also Improves The Quality of Soil, Like Other Organic fertilizers. It Improves Soil Drainage, Looseness & Also prevents Soil Erosion. A Good Soil Mix Plays a Significant Role for Growing any Type of Plant.
Many Problems Appear On a Plant Just Because of a bad Soil Mix, but Its Very Easy To make a Good Soil Mix At Home, A Detail Guide is Added here, So Must Check It Out.
Powerful Fertilizer (Concentration):-
Another Plus Point of Fish fertilizer is That is a High Potency Fertilizer, & This is Very Useful For the Heavy Feeder Plants.
For Example, Gardenia Plant Likes a High Nitrogen In The Soil Otherwise The Leaves looks Like This. Similarly Hibiscus Plant also Likes a Fertile Soil Mix, So Again fish Meal Is very Useful For This.
Have Trace Elements:-
Fish Meal Also Contains Trace Elements Like zinc, Iron, Copper, Magnese & So On. these elements Are required In Small Amounts But their Shortage Causes Many Leaf Problems. & A good Source of Trace elements is Very Important For Every Plant.
Another Benefit of Using Fish Meal For Plants is The Enhanced Activity of Microbes In The Soil. These Small Creatures are very Important For Soil Environment & Fish Meal Promotes Their Growth & activity.
Have Acidic pH ( 4.4-5.5):-
Fish Fertilizer Have An Acidic Effect On The Soil & This Thing Can Be Very Useful for Your Flowering Plants, Because They likes Such a Mixture. Regularly Using Fish Meal Can Improve Ph, But Only if You Use right dose.
Fish Meal Is also A natural & Organic Source of Nutrients, That is a very Useful Thing For Organic Gardening.
Long Lasting Effects:-
Fish Meal Also Have Long Lasting Effects On the Plant Growth. The Fertilizer Dissolves Slowly With The Soil & keep On Providing Its Benefits.
Less Diseases & Stronger Defense:-
If You Are using Fish Meal For Plants, The defense System of Your plants Will Be Much Stronger & You Will Find Very Less Diseases. This is also Due To Fish Meal Fertilizer.
How & When to Apply Fish Meal Fertilizer On Plants?
To Get To These Benefits, The Right Way & Time To Use Fish Fertilizer is the most Important Thing. To Apply fish Meal on Your Plants:-
- First Loose the upper layer of Soil & Let it dry.
- Now Take a Dose of Fish Meal & add It Over The Soil.
- The Dose Depends on The Plant Age & container Size.
- Mix The fertilizer Properly With The Soil, Once its Done Now you Can Add Water.
- Do A Deep Watering, As It Helps In Better Absorption.
- The Best Time To Apply Fish Meal is the Growing Season of The Plant.
On What Plants can We Use This Fertilizer?
You can use Fish meal fertilizer On Allmost All type of Plants, Because Nitrogen Is Required by All Plants. You Can Use This fertilizer For Younger fruiting & Flowering Plants, Vegetables & Indoor Plants.
What are It’s DrawBacks on Plant?
Fish Fertilizer Also Contains Some side effects Or Drawbacks, Like All Other Fertilizer, So lets talk about Them.
- First is That it is not Cost Effective, Depending upon The Area where You it might be Expensive. But You Can Buy It From This Link, That is of good Quality & Much Cheaper.
- Overuse of Fish Meal Can Also Cause Soil Acidification. Means The Ph Decreases Very much & it Effects The Plant Growth very Badly, The Leaves may Dry & Plant Shows a Stressed Condition. So Follow the Dosage As Described. Little Up & Down is Fine but Dont Go much far.
- Regular use of Fish Meal Can also Cause Soil Saltiness, but This Happens when We uses a Low-Quality Product. So Buy Fish meal from Here.
- Fish Meal Also have a Strong & Fishy odor, But It Will be Gone As Soon as You Mix It With the soil. This Can Be Irritating, So Mix Properly.
- Fish Meal is also a Slow release Fertilizer, & Takes Much Long To get Into The Plant. So Remember Its Not a Quick Fix. If You Are Dealing With Any Type of Leaf problem, Instead of Using Fish Meal You Should Use compost Tea, Because it Works Quickly. Here is The Complete Guide To Show You The whole way to make & Apply Compost Tea fertilizer.